June 19, 2015

Motorcyle Man review

What did I think of...

Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley


 
Description:
 
Get ready to ride . . .

Tyra Masters has had enough drama to last a lifetime. Now, she's back on track and looking forward to her new, quiet life. Until she meets the man of her dreams. The tattooed, muscled biker plies her with tequila-and the best sex of her life. She knows it isn't the tequila and hot sex talking. He's the kind of man she's always wanted. Unfortunately, he's also her new boss . . .

Kane "Tack" Allen has a rule. He doesn't employ someone he's slept with. So when he learns he spent last night in bed with his new office manager, he quickly fires Tyra. Yet when Tyra stands up to him and fights for her job, Tack is intrigued. He tells her she can keep her job on one condition: no more sex. Ever. But as things heat up between them, Tack finds that he'll be the one breaking all the rules...
 
 
 
Genre: Adult Contemporary/ Romantic Suspense/ Biker/ Humor
Series: Dream Man (#4)
Published on: December 11, 2011
Pages: 489 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Average rating: 4.45 stars
My rating: 5 stars!!


Wind. Fire. Live free. Be wild. Raise hell. But stay safe. You don’t, the reaper’ll get you, one way or another.” He paused then finished, “That tat’s a reminder. Balance. Raise hell but stay safe.”

Motorcycle Man is definitely one of my favorite biker books ever... followed closely by Kristen Ashley's sister-series, Chaos, as in the Chaos MC.

Did I mention Biker Love was the best? Damn, all growly orders and general panty-melting hotness all around!

After a night of hot, tequila induced sex, Tyra, "Red", "Cherry", shows up for her new job in the morning, a secretary job at Ride, Chaos base, to find that her tequila lover, Kane "Tack" Allan, is her new boss.

“Now, you listen to me, scary biker dude,” I snapped. “I need this job. I haven’t worked in two months and I need this job. I can’t wait two more months or longer to find another job. I need to work now.” His blue eyes burned into mine in a way that felt physical but I kept right on talking. “So you’re good-looking, have great tats and a cool goatee. So you caught my eye and I caught yours. We had sex. Lots of sex. It was good. So what? That was then, this is now. We’re not going to play, not again. We’re done playing. I’m going to come in at eight, leave at five, do my job and you’re going to be my scary biker dude boss, sign my paychecks, do my performance evaluations and maybe, if you’re nice, I’ll make you coffee. Other than that, you don’t exist for me and I don’t exist for you. What we had, we had. It’s over. I’m moving on and how I’m moving on is, I’m working… this… job.”

You may have noticed all the apostrophes after Tyra's name. This is because everyone engrossed into the fold at Chaos has a nickname, or a Biker Name. Tack called Tyra "Red", because of her hair (and it's hot!!), but forbids anyone else to use the same name. So, the rest of the Brotherhood call her "Cherry".

See, after Tyra's spitfire rant (above), Tack is now interested. The night before; she was easy, she was drunk, and they had good sex. But now, Tack sees the Spitfire underneath all the innocence, and he's very interested. Especially now that she declares that sex is off the table, and she's throwing sass? Irresistible.  

Fine,” I repeated to the computer screen then went on to explain to the monitor, “Eloise didn’t have enough time to teach me the ropes. I don’t know what I’m doing. You’re going to figure that out in thirty minutes. You don’t like me. I really don’t like you,” just my eyes slid to him, “so, fine. I’ll finish out the day and then you won’t see me again.”
Tack’s brows went up. “You slap me with attitude twice for this job and then you give in, easy as that?”
“I’m not going to work in a place where I can’t eat donuts,” I informed him, looked back at the computer screen and started tapping away. “You crossed the line with that one. So, yeah, easy as that.”
Then I took another sip of coffee.
“I thought you needed this job,” Tack said.
“I’ll find another job where I can wear my fabulous pink sling backs without putting up with annoying, unnecessary, scary biker dude hassle.”
“So, you’re sayin’, you get in my face about keeping this job and then you give in ‘cause you can’t wear sex kitten shoes and eat donuts?”
My eyes moved back to him. “Yeah, handsome, that’s what I’m saying.”

...Then he forbids her to quit, tearing up her Resignation Letter and her Notice everytime she tries to hand it in. But that's not all there is to the story...

Three words: The Russian Mob.

Sometimes it happens in weird ways that included fights, blood, drunkenness, kidnappings and pregnancies.
But dreams do come true.
 
XOXO,
Kat
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment