April 17, 2015

Requesting a Review

Authors and Publishers: Please Read


Thank you for taking the time to read through my specifications for requests, and I am thrilled to work with you! Some things to keep in mind when requesting a review

  • I only accept requests submitted to my email: kissandtell.books@gmail.com or my NetGalley account. If you post on here, or message me through my Goodreads account, changes are they will get missed.
  • Due to time restraints and the amount of requests, I can't review every book I get asked for. Please be patient if I don't get back to you within a few days, but I can assure you I will reply back within a week with my answer.
  • Publicists and tour hosts, please don't add me to your mailing list without my consent or an introduction email prior, and without my approval I'm afraid I can't work with you.
  • I'm afraid I can't give you a time specification for when your book will be read and reviewed, but it will be done within three months.
  • Please note that I will not blindly promote your book if I have not read and liked it.
  • I do enlist authors and/or publishers for interviews, so please email me if you are interested.
Please email me if you have any questions!

Review Policy

I'm pretty flexible as to what I read, including Paranormal Romance, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, any form of Erotica (including BDSM, LGBT, etc.) Urban Fantasy, Science Fiction, Indie and Young Adult titles. Historical books are hesitantly accepted, it really depends on the description, and I absolutely do not read non-fiction.

Please note that I do not lie when reviewing your books. This means that whether I liked it or not, my followers and others looking for warnings and recommendations will get honest reviews from me. I reserve the right to not enjoy your book, which is the risk you take on me. I will read to at least 40%, but I make no promises beyond that point of giving it a fair shot. If it doesn't start getting good then, it never will. The reviews will be posted on Goodreads, NetGalley and here on Kiss and Tell: Confessions of a Bookaholic, but you will have to specify for an Amazon Review.

Due to life, other requests and my own personal reading, requests sent a couple months in advance are much appreciated and are more likely to get accepted.

I mostly accept digital books, in the form of an EPUB, PDF, Kindle and books via NetGalley. Just ask for my registered email if you wish to participate that way.
Any review copies received will not be sold or distributed in any way.

I do not take requests any way but through my email and NetGalley.
In a request, I need the following information provided.

  • Your name and contact information (email, please)
  • The title and author of the book
  • A description of the book
  • Whether you would like an Amazon review or not.
  • What format I will be receiving

I want to thank you again for choosing (or considering) my humble blog-abode to review your book for you, and thanks for taking a chance on me. You will not regret it.

Please email me if you have any questions at Kissandtell.books@gmail.com.

XOXO,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment