April 26, 2015

Stay with Me Review

What did I think of...

Stay with Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout/ J Lynn


 
 
Description:
 
At 21, Calla hasn’t done a lot of things. She’s never been kissed, never seen the ocean, never gone to an amusement park. But growing up, she witnessed some things no child ever should. She still carries the physical and emotional scars of living with a strung-out mother, Mona—secrets she keeps from everyone, including her close circle of college friends.

But the safe cocoon Calla has carefully built is shattered when she discovers her mom has stolen her college money and run up a huge credit card debt in her name. Now, Calla has to go back to the small town she thought she'd left behind and clean up her mom’s mess again. Of course, when she arrives at her mother’s bar, Mona is nowhere to be found. Instead, six feet of hotness named Jackson James is pouring drinks and keeping the place humming.

Sexy and intense, Jax is in Calla’s business from the moment they meet, giving her a job and helping her search for Mona. And the way he looks at her makes it clear he wants to get horizontal . . . and maybe something more. Before Calla can let him get close, though, she’s got to deal with the pain of the past—and some very bad guys out to mess her up if she doesn’t give them her mom.


Rating: 4.2 stars

Genre's:

 
 
Stay with Me was a really fun read... and more action packed than some of her previous books. I have noticed that through the three of her books in this series; Wait for Me, Be with Me, and Stay with Me; it's been getting more and more action-y. Wait for Me... not really, Be with Me, was more hit and run with the action, but Stay with Me had dead bodies, drug deals, and was a rocky ride.
 
In Be with Me, Calla was the tough-girl, totally outgoing and badass... but I feel like her personality was altered a ton. She had less of a backbone than Teresa did, and was a character with a weaker personality and backbone, which sucked, but I thought it made her even  more real. Because of all she's been through, it made her seem like more of a real person, that she had a weaker mentality of herself and what she deserved than others, and made me enjoy Jax "reeducating" her on herself.
 
Jax, however, was great! A previous military man, he flip-flopped from the outrageous flirting that was Jace from Be with Me, to a more alpha-possessive-protective side than both Jace and Cam possessed.
 
 
"I gotta tell you that I love you that I love you, Calla," he said, and I was surprised the heart monitor didn't catch the fact that it felt like my heart had stopped for a moment. "No bullshit. I do. I love the way you think, even if it's annoying as fuck at times and even then it's still cute. I love that there's a shit ton of things you've never gotten to experience and that you're going to get to experience them with me. That I have that honor. I love your strength and everything you've survived. I love your courage and I love that you make shit drinks, but no one cares because you're so damn nice. I'm pretty sure you're Long Island iced teas could kill people, but that's okay." His lips curved up on one side as his gaze held mine steadily. "I love your sense of humor and the fact you never ate grits before. There's so much that I love about you that I know I'm in love with you. So, honey, you can have all my shirts you want."
 
 
Yes, all of that was in response to Calla admitting that when she thought they were over (which they were not), she stole her favorite of his shirts. This totally made me fall in love with him more than I already was!!
 
I highly recommend this and any other Jennifer L. Armentrout book- she is one of my go-to authors because I know that any book of hers will make me fall in love, cry, laugh and be entertained.
 
 
 
XOXO,
Kat
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment