April 22, 2015

Angel's Blood and Archangel's Kiss Review

What did I think?

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh
Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh





Description:
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she is the best- but she does not know if even she is good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, Elena knows failure is not an option—even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other—and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt does not destroy her, succumbing to Raphael’s seductive touch just might. For when archangels play, mortals break.

Wow. I've held Nalini Singh on a high pedestal after having read one of her books, Rock Hard, and was completely blown away. Now, after having read this book, Angels' Kiss, I understand it even more.

I have to admit, I rolled my eyes when I heard the male lead was Raphael, Archangel. I mean, Raphael? I did not think I could connect with that name. Raphael. Raphael. Raphael. But, once again, I was wrong.

Genre's:  
 
 
 
 
 
Yes, let's start with Raphael. Wow, was I wrong about the name. I just wouldn't be the same with a Gabriel, or a Michael (all of which are anti-hot names, but of which I have been proved wrong for with Gabriel). He was the epitome of powerful and sweet. Singh does a good job of preserving his Archangel ways, while still promoting the something between Elena and Raphael, as well as mortalizing him.
 
Elena was my favorite kind of character. She was strong and proud and smart. Strong in her willpower, determination, humanity and hunter-born capabilities; Proud in her strength, intelligence, capabilities, and personality; smart in her capabilities, confident in her capabilities but smart enough and not proud enough to know when to shut it and run, to play her strengths in her perceived weakness.
 
The two of them together? Passionate, sweet and HOT! I have to say, Archangel/warrior sex? Written by Nalini Singh? Beyond hot.
 
Star rating: Angel's Blood: 4.9 stars 
                     Archangel's Kiss: 4.8 stars

 
 
XOXO,
Kat
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment