April 12, 2015

ARC Book Review

What did I think of...

Forbidden Surrender by Priscilla West

 
 
This is the first time I've read this book... and I have to say, I'm having mixed feelings on it.

Description:
“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”
The minute I saw Vincent Sorenson, I knew he was trouble. Billionaire. Bad boy. And dangerously sexy. He was everything I craved, and nothing I needed.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t just avoid him. The higher ups at my company decided they needed his business, and I was on the team to bring him in. However, Vincent Sorenson didn’t seem as interested in business as he was in me, but I knew that was a door better left unopened. If I got involved with him, it would only unearth the pain I spent years trying to bury.
I thought I had it under control, but I seriously underestimated Vincent’s seductive charm and silver-tongue. I would soon find out how delicious it would feel to let myself fall into this forbidden surrender.


Star Rating:

I didn't actually have a problem with West's writing style, and if I'm honest, I thought I would. It wasn't really anything special, but didn't leave me running for the hills, either. What I did have a problem with, however, was the forgetfulness of the writing. Throughout the story, I was noticing that Vincent would be kicking his shoes off, two, three times within a page (without putting them on), little things like that. The grammar and punctuation were good, so I don't know what happened with the editor on that one.

It took me less than two hours to read this book, honest to god, it was probably less- and be forewarned of the cliffhanger.



Warning: bipolar author in the male looks department. Vincent was the tall, dark and dangerous, brooding, mysterious billionaire CEO that has become popular books, yes, including the sweet, devoted side; but was also the total opposite. He wore sandals, shorts and tee/tank tops 24/7, had sandy blonde hair and surfing was his passion. Obviously, Miss West wanted to do something different with this story... but I wasn't seeing it. She tried to mesh two clichés together... and it bugged me the whole story, and was not done well.

Did I mention.... When Kristen first met Vincent, it was during a business meeting with other people in the room and she fell in his lap mid-lecture, and started groping his nipple rings. WHAT?  Yeah. Exactly what I was thinking, too.



Yes, let's talk about Kristen. It's probably bad for the whole book that I did not like the main character. She was a complete pushover. She let other peoples thoughts and opinions overshadow hers "I don't think he's right... but he has more experience and better at this. Yeah, he's probably right." She had no backbone and let people constantly manipulate her.
Please Note: Insta-lust is just as bad as insta-love. To the point where a mere touch set her off? Yeah, no. I get being attracted... but that was insta-love with his body. Nuh uh.

XOXO,
Kat
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment