April 24, 2015

Angelfall ARC Review

What did I think of...

Angelfall by Susan Ee


 
 
 
This is the second time I've read this book... and I think it was actually better the second time.
 
Description:
 
It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain.

Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night.

When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...
 
Star Rating:
 
 
For my characters, I have a serious thing with names. They really have to fit the character. I almost never read books with "Emma's" or "Sarah's" because those names are very common, much like my own name. Of which I shorted to a rebellious and mysterious "Kat". Yes I am kidding. -ish.
 
Back to the conversation at hand. Raphael is a name I never thought I could get with. Good thing he went by Raffe, because it totally worked for me.
 
Raffe totally unbelievably worked for me. He was perfectly written, full of flaws. At the beginning, haughty and condescending, angry and hurting. Then he got caring, Penryn before himself... and it was really beautiful to watch the transition, watch him fall in love with a Daughter of Man, though.
 
Penryn was my favorite kind of character. She was proud, stubborn and strong, and has a bleeding heart. All she wanted was her sister back, and she was willing to do anything, sacrifice everything to get her back, until she realizes the one person she can't sacrifice is the one she needs to... Raffe.
 
Penryn's mother was a joy to read about. She was completely insane and maniacal. She totally is completely duped in the brain, but was still a joy to read, I enjoyed the hell out of reading about her, even if she was completely fucked in the brain.
 
Rating: 5 stars 
 
Genre:
 
  
 
 
This is the second time I've read Angelfall, the first time I read it was because a friend on mine on Goodreads told me I hadn't lived until I read Angelfall. After numerous people agreed heartily, I complied and picked it up immediately.
I read the first two books in one day, and was done by four o'clock in the afternoon.
 
I was hooked by the writing, the characters and the plotline... and I can't wait for The End of Days.
 
XOXO,
Kat
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment